Salted Caramel Recipes to Complete your Fall Desserts
Fall brings vibrant foliage, cooler days, warm sweaters, and delicious comfort foods that help us settle into the new season. With its warm, orange color and delicious buttery flavor, caramel is one flavor that welcomes the season like no other. In our recipes below, we’ve used our Sweet Tooth Trio to give some old-time fall favorites a new twist.Espresso Salted Caramels
There’s nothing better than enjoying salted caramel with your morning coffee… or is there? Our Espresso Infused Sea Salt adds just the right touch of salty flavor to this sweet and smooth caramel treat. We infuse it with rich coffee flavor at the same time as perfecting it’s sweetness. Be sure to save this recipe, these caramel treats are likely to become an annual fall tradition!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Salt Cellar Espresso Infused Sea Salt
- Grease a 12x15 inch pan.
- In a medium-size pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, whipping cream, and butter. Monitor the heat of the mixture with a candy thermometer while stirring. When the thermometer reaches 250 degrees F, remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla and Espresso Infused Sea Salt, then Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and let it cool completely. When cooled cut the Carmel into small squares and enjoy.
This Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce is perfect for topping ice cream, apple pie or almost any fall dessert. Our Black Vanilla salt is made with genuine Tahitian vanilla beans and is mixed with a delicate hand-harvested sea salt, making it perfect for pairing with sweets all without overwhelming the sauce.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Salt Cellar Black Vanilla Salt
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble just a little.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, stop stirring completely. Let the mixture continue boiling until it turns an amber color, this could take anywhere from 4-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble up quite a bit, so make sure to do this very carefully. Then, mix in the butter, vanilla, and sea salt one at a time.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a dish and allow to cool completely, then cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. The caramel sauce will thicken as it cools.
We’ve used our Chocolate Mist Sea Salt for a deeper, richer, and more intense chocolate flavor. With a touch of sea salt to bump up the gourmet flavor factor for these delicious treats - you won’t be able to have just one bite. The combination of gooey caramel, sweet chocolate and a touch of sea salt… need we say more?Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups (3/4 lb.) butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Salt Cellar Chocolate Mist Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 14 ounces (40 to 50) store bought square caramel candies
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium-high heat, melt butter, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, then eggs and vanilla, until blended. Stir in Salt Cellar Chocolate Mist Sea Salt and baking powder. Add flour and cocoa and stir until batter is smooth.
- Butter a 12- by 20-inch piece of foil. Line a 9- by 13-inch pan with foil, buttered side up, letting foil hang over pan ends. Scrape batter into pan. Evenly space caramels over batter.
- Bake brownies in a 325° oven just until a toothpick inserted in the center (not in a caramel) comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool.
- Lift brownies with foil from pan to a counter. Peel back sides of foil. With a long, hot knife, cut between caramels into 35 squares; occasionally rinse knife in very hot water and wipe clean.
These recipes will not only complete your fall desserts - they will impress your guests and leave them wanting more! Add a sweet yet salty flavoring to your favorite desserts for an extra flair. Enjoy!