Tailgating Recipe Ideas
Think football, and tailgate parties most likely come to mind as well. Fall is a great time to get together with family and friends, and whether your party destination is at a stadium, or simply in your backyard, our quick and easy recipe ideas will score a touchdown with all of your guests. We’ve taken staple tailgating foods, and elevated them to a whole new level of flavor with our Salt Cellar Tailgate Trio.
These recipes ideas will get you started, then let your own creativity join in on the fun. With a few simple ingredients, and our gourmet sea salts, you can change ho-hum into “Oh yum” in no time, so don’t let a busy schedule sideline your plans for delicious food at your next fall festivity.Sliders With Cheddar and Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
Dress up frozen sliders with slices of sharp cheddar and Salt Cellar Applewood Smoked sea salt. The flavor of applewood gives even frozen burgers the taste of cooking over a wood fire, without the hassle and the long wait.Honey Baked Chicken Wings With Sriracha Infused Sea Salt
Our Sriracha infused salt is made with the flavor of the same spicy, sun-ripened chilies used in the world-famous sauce. It adds a bit of crunch and a lot of flavor to any dish. For these tasty wings, the slat bumps up the flavor of the honey without overpowering it with a lot of Sriracha sauce.Ingredients:
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Salt Cellar Sriracha Infused Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in honey, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place wings onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime. Brush wings with Sriracha glaze and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and crusted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.
Salt Cellar all-natural Black Truffle-infused salt combines the distinct taste of black truffles with pure sea salt crystals. It is perfect for dressing up frozen fries or try our simple homemade fries below.Ingredients
- 4 Russet Potatoes, Sliced into Fries
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons coarse Salt Cellar Black Truffle Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil. Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping the fries every 8 minutes or so to brown on all sides. Toss on the truffle salt and serve immediately.Your Turn
So now you’ve got some ideas, see what you can come up with . Take simple ingredients and a add a touch of our Salt Cellar finishing salts for a new twist on all of your old favorites. The possibilities are endless, and if you create something worth sharing, let us know. We love to try new recipes too! Our Tailgate Trio is a perfect place to start.