Avocado and Sriracha ToastAvocado toast is healthy, filling, quick, easy, and delicious. It’s great for any time of the day including breakfast, lunch, or an afternoon snack. One of our favorite breakfast recipes is avocado toast with our Sriracha Sea Salt sprinkled on top. This gourmet sea salt is a favorite amongst avocado breakfast chefs because it adds just the right touch of spice. This will bump up your recipe a few notches from “good” to “let’s make it everyday!” Ingredients:
- Sourdough or your favorite toast
- Avocado spread
- Spring lettuce leaves
- Sesame seeds
- Salt Cellar Sriracha Infused Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle asparagus with Jalapeño Pepper Finishing Salt
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear, starting at the bottom, and spiraling up to the tip. Place the wrapped spears on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and shake the pan back and forth to roll the spears over. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, and prosciutto is crisp. Serve immediately
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill asparagus on preheated grill until they turn bright green and have grill marks, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to baking dish.
- Whisk soy sauce and sesame oil together in a bowl; pour over cooked asparagus. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Szechuan Infused Sea Salt and serve
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- Pre-made pizza crust
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt Cellar Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack in the upper third. Place a pizza stone in the oven to preheat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Place the dough to the hot pizza stone. Spread the ricotta mixture over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges for the crust. Top with the shredded mozzarella and parmesan, and then lay the asparagus spears over the cheese.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is deeply brown, the asparagus is tender, and the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
- Let the pizza cool slightly before slicing. Serve hot.
- Anything you soak in such as bath salts or bubble bath
- Anything you apply and do not wash off, such as lotion, face and body creams, and oils
- Shampoo and conditioner. Even though you wash it off, it often makes its way over your entire body while you’re using it.
- Magnesium promotes healing of skin tissue, soothes damaged skin, and protects skin from microbes that cause allergies.
- Sulfur is a natural disinfectant and detoxifies the body.
- Calcium promotes cell renewal, enhances hydration, and helps to prevent wrinkles & fine lines.
- Bromide relieves muscle cramps, calms nerves, and repairs skin cells.
- Potassium replenishes moisture, reduces puffy skin, and helps to reduce water retention.
- Sodium relieves stiff & sore muscles, exfoliates dead cells, and detoxifies skin.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray
- Season the steaks with 1/2 teaspoon of black truffle salt on each steak, then sprinkle black pepper
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. After steaks are done cooking, top each steak with 1/2 teaspoon of butter and sprinkle with remaining truffle salt
- Let rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve
- Heat grill, Spray grill with cooking spray or brush with oil to prevent sticking
- While grill is heating make marinade.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary infused sea salt, pepper, garlic and parsley and stir.
- Place swordfish steaks on grill.
- Spread half of the marinade on top of the swordfish steaks and grill over hot heat 5-10 minutes.
- Cover grill.
- Turn steaks over and brush with remaining marinade.
- Cover grill again and grill fish another 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- 3 tablespoons Salt Cellar Arctic Thyme Sea Salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 pound roaster chicken, rinsed inside and out and patted dry with paper towel
- 1 whole lemon, pierced several times with a fork
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Mix the salt and pepper
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan
- drizzle olive oil and rub the mixture all over the skin
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the whole lemon and garlic cloves inside the cavity of the chicken
- Roast, basting every 20 minutes or so with any fat and juices accumulating in the pan
- Chicken should be done in about an hour, but make sure by testing the thigh for a temperature of 170 degrees F.
- Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before carving
Rejuvenate Your BodyStart with a good exfoliating salt scrub from our Bath & Spa collection. While moisturizing lotions and body butters help combat dry skin, starting with an exfoliating scrub to slough off dead skin cells first will hasten the process and improve the overall results. Our energizing Lemongrass Salt Scrub is a great way to awaken your skin and start your day. Once the dead cells are gone, your skin will be ready to soak in the moisture of your favorite lotion. Use salt scrub for an at-home pedicure. Soak your feet in a small tub of warm water for a few minutes. Scrub with Kiwi Mango Energizing Salt Scrub, and pat dry. Keep a jar of Peach & Honey Scrub next to your kitchen and bathroom sinks for a quick scrub when you wash your hands. The salt is a natural antibacterial, and leaves your skin much softer than harsh liquid soaps. For the ultimate spring renewal, consider a trip to the Salt Vault in our Portland Maine location. Salt therapy offers a natural approach to wellness for people seeking drug-free relief from asthma, allergies pollution and numerous other conditions that keep them from breathing freely. Salt therapy is also used for relief from psoriasis, eczema and acne, or simply to enjoy the deep relaxation and health achieved during salt room sessions.
Freshen Up Your HomeSmall changes can easily freshen up any space. Clear the clutter off of your nightstand or small entryway table. Add a Himalayan salt lamp for an instantly fresh look. Cleaning off the kitchen counters can also pay big dividends for little effort. Toss that tired old wooden cutting board and replace it with a fresh Salt Block. Unlike wooden cutting boards, salt is antimicrobial. It enhances the flavor of your food, adds a stylish touch to your countertop, and can also be used as an impressive display to serve appetizers to your guests at your next spring celebration. If you're stuck in a rut and always buy the same soap, switch it up and try one of our Dead Sea Soaps. They are naturally rich in minerals and trace elements from the Dead Sea. Place a few bars in a basket in your guest bathroom, and create a bed & breakfast atmosphere your guests will love.
Rev Up Your Palate With the Flavors of SpringLet colorful spring vegetables inspire you with a trip to the local farmer’s market. Try this quick and easy asparagus recipe using any of our gourmet flavored sea salts to get out of the heavy winter food doldrums and into the flavors of spring. We roasted Asparagus and used Arctic Thyme Sea Salt for an earthy-spring flavor. Asparagus are rich in glutathione, which is a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals. That’s why eating asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, and is a great spring detox vegetable.
- Roasted Asparagus • Prep time: 6 minutes • Cook time: 12 minutes • Yield: Serves 4
- Ingredients • 1 lb asparagus spears (thick spears are best for roasting) • 1-2 Tbsp olive oil • 2 cloves garlic, minced • Salt Cellar Arctic Thyme Sea Salt • Freshly grated black pepper • Lemon juice
Gourmet StyleCreate a kitchen-themed basket for the food connoisseur in your life. Start with a Himalayan Salt Block to set the stage for your upscale kitchen theme. Serving and cooking food on a solid Himalayan salt block is a great way to improve the taste of food while providing an impressive presentation. Our blocks are carved from a single salt rock and come in three sizes. Next, tuck in a set of three gourmet sea salts. We’ve taken the guess work out, and combined three great salts like our Taste of Tuscany trio for mushroom lovers. This set includes Trapani, Italian Black Truffle, and Italian White Truffle. Your gourmet chef will have fun creating and trying these exceptional salts on meat, poultry, and even pasta. A pair of Himalayan shot glasses add an impressive, elegant touch. Carved from 100% authentic Himalayan sea salt, these unique shot glasses will be the talk of the party. Add your favorite tequila and let the party begin.
Beginner’s LuckIf your goal is to encourage an aspiring cook, you are on the right track with a salt-themed basket. Begin with a salting cube, a simple way to add great Himalayan salt flavor to pasta water, stew, soup and chili. Simply hold the rope, dip the ‘cube’ into the pot, drag in circle for about 30 seconds. Flash rinse to clean. Fantastic flavor and fun to use! Include a copy of your favorite soup recipe and success is in the next pot. A staple in any well-stocked kitchen is our glass Himalayan Grinder. It looks great on the table and the grinder mechanism is made of rugged ceramic, which keeps salt fresh even in the most humid conditions. It comes pre-filled, and includes an 8oz refill of Himalayan salt, so your budding chef will not have to worry about running out. Top of your gift basket with our ever-popular Southern Comfort salt set. The smoky flavors of Hickory Smoked, Applewood Smoked, and Extra Bold Smoked sea salts make this ideal for even a beginner to earn that blue star rating. Use for rubs, on meat, chicken, fish, and more.
Birthday Bath & Spa BasketA sweet little basket filled moisturizing spa products is the perfect way to celebrate the spring birthday of someone you love. Ditch the eggs and the candy, and fill a colorful basket with Cellar Spa products such as our Energizing Peach & Honey Salt Scrub All of our scrubs exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells, encourage circulation, and rejuvenate the skin for a fresh, spring glow. Add a jar of our Mango Body Butter. Its combination of Shea Butter, Dead Sea minerals, and natural oils soften and revitalize the skin.It is rich in vitamins A and E, is ideal for treating dry skin, cracked elbows and knees, scars, and dermatitis. For a real spa-like treat, a jar of Salt Cellar Spa Black Mud Body Wrap is just the thing. Ours features the uniquely relaxing and healing powers of black mud from the Dead Sea, and is excellent for cleaning and revitalizing the skin, alleviating tension, and relaxing sore muscles.
Quick and Easy Kale Chips with Sea Salt
Kale chips can be a great snack, appetizer, or side dish. If you’re looking to spice up your ordinary kale recipe, try adding any of our gourmet sea salts! Our favorite sea salts to pair with kale include our Habanero Hot Sea Salt, the Jalapeno Pepper Sea Salt, Lime Citrus Sea Salt and our Roasted Garlic Sea Salt.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon gourmet sea salt of your choice
Chop your kale into desired chip sizes, and place onto the baking sheet. Then, sprinkle with olive oil and some of our finishing salts. Mix it up before placing it into the oven at 350 degrees. Bake until crunchy, sprinkle some more flavored sea salt, serve, and enjoy!
Choose Your Salt
Espresso SaltMany of our guests are drawn to our Espresso Finishing salt, but often ask “How would I use it?” Infused with coffee flavor, with a dark, rich aroma, and coarse, brown crystals, this finishing salt is a perfect accompaniment to chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Check out this earlier blog post for Espresso Salted Irish Coffee, or try it with our chocolate cookie recipe below.
Lemon SaltOur Lemon Zest Salt will step up your game from bake sale baker to pastry chef-extraordinaire. Salt and lemon make a perfect flavor pair. We use fresh lemon intermingled with our premium sea salt, creating the ideal flavor combination. This salt with its massive pyramid shaped crystal really delivers a distinct lemon flavor.
Vanilla Bean SaltOur Vanilla Bean Finishing Salt is made with genuine Tahitian Vanilla Beans, and is mixed with a delicate hand-harvested sea salt. The combination of salt and vanilla accentuates sweet desserts. This surprisingly tasty finishing salt gives a sweet/salty flavor and works well when topped on our chocolate cookies.
Sweet Tooth Salt SetIf you can’t decide which to try, we offer our Sweet Tooth Salt Set which comes with all three. Make your cookie dough and divide into three smaller batches. Try out all three and let the tasting begin!
Chocolate Cookies with Sea SaltIngredients
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sea Salt Finishing Salts
- Chopped Macadamia Nuts (Optional)
- Confectioners Sugar for sprinkling (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking sheets
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and table salt with a whisk. Set aside
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the white sugar, brown sugar and melted butter on high. Reduce the speed to low. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until just combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts using a spatula
- Roll dough in 2-inch balls and place several inches apart on the cookie sheet
- Using your hand or the back of a spoon, gently press the top of each cookie dough ball until slightly flattened
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with a pinch of sea salt
- Bake for 9-10 minutes
- Cool on wire rack
- Add a dusting of confectioners sugar
Black Truffle SaltOur Black Truffle infused salt combines the distinct taste of black truffles with pure sea salt crystals. The aroma is like none other, with bits of Black Truffle mushrooms combined with extra fine sea salt.
White Truffle SaltOur White Truffle finishing salt has a milder aroma and more subtle flavor than the Black Truffle salt. For truffle lovers, it offers a nice range when paired with our Italian Black Truffle salt. Both are great with pasta dishes, and also work well on seafood, meats, roasted vegetables, and popcorn.
Say No to Truffle Oil?Why truffle salt, not oil? Truffle salt contains small pieces of truffles. There are no artificial ingredients, and the taste of real truffles is infused in the salt. Truffle oil, on the other hand, is often made with a combination of olive oil and a chemical compound known as 2,4-dithiapentane. New York Times food writer De Gustibus calls it "Hocus-Pocus" in this revealing article. Many chefs have banned truffle oil form their kitchens. “It's the only ingredient that I have never allowed in Clio. It all tastes synthetic, and the flavor is too artificial," said Boston Chef Ken Oringer, in an interview with seriouseats.com. And in a recent Tonight Show interview, Anthony Bourdain said of truffle oil: ’ Horrible, it’s not even food, it’s about as Edible as Astroglide and made from the same stuff’. We suggest sticking with salt for an all-natural addition to the dishes you prepare at home.
A Fan Favorite!A recent reviewer commented “Love this salt...great in my guacamole! I have already recommended this to many others”. This fan inspired us to give it a try, and we think you’ll agree that our Truffle Guacamole delivers flavor and aroma beyond compare. We combined black and white truffle salt, but each stands nicely on its own as well.
Black & White Truffle GuacamoleBlack & White Truffle Guacamole
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped and stems removed
- 3 Serrano Peppers chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Black and White Truffle Salt
- Dash of Smoked Paprika (Optional)
Order Yours Today!
Crystallized ParisA quote from a Salt Cellar customer says it all: “This salt is your ticket to Paris if you've never been and a welcome reminder if you have. Rich and pure salt flavor, I add it to butter prior to serving with a baguette. Gives any dish a Parisian flare”.
Hand-HarvestedLiterally translated as "flower of salt," Fleur de Sel is France’s best hand-harvested salt. Sea water is drawn into marsh basins or salt pans. Salt is left behind on the bottom of the pans when the water evaporates, but some of the salt crystals float to the surface of the water as it begins to evaporate, and forms a crust of crystals. The crystals look like flower pedals, and thus the sweet name. Since the crystals are delicate, they must be harvested by hand, using a wooden rake. The weather must be just right, sunny, dry and with slow, steady winds. All of these conditions make this a hand-crafted salt which can only be produced in small quantities.
Unique TextureThis classic, slightly moist salt will resist dissolving and renders a clean, crisp salty flavor to virtually any cuisine. It is best for sprinkling over your finished dish just before serving. Use it on salads, sandwiches, and desserts. Since this is a slightly wet salt, it is used only for finishing, and not for cooking.
Use a Salt Cellar for European FlairBecause it is slightly wet, this salt does not work well in a shaker. Instead, it can be served with a small wooden spoon directly from the jar, or for a more sophisticated style, try using a salt cellar. Salt cellars were used as far back as early Roman times. They continued to be used throughout Europe until about the middle of the 20th century, but usage began to decline when free-flowing table salt was introduced in 1911, and the salt shaker we know today took its place. On a recent trip to Hungary, Salt Cellar owners Don and Judit Tydeman visited a glass blowing factory. They were so impressed, they had custom swan and water lily salt cellars created. This is the perfect way to present your Fleur de Sel on any occasion.
Easy Parisian-style Breakfast
- Fleur de Sel Finishing Salt